From Summer To Fall : Signs of Seasonal Fashion Changes and Shopping Tips
If you are a thrifty fashionista, you’ll know that the perfect time to shop for seasonal clothes is the end of that season. If you’ve noticed malls, boutiques, and on-line stores have to be season ahead to keep up with trends and shoppers needs. As a result, a fashionista must act like a detective. They must keep a look out for the signs of change
- Lookbooks: Today, designers add lookbooks to their websites. These lookbooks showcase that seasons trends, essentials, and hot pieces for the season. These lookbooks usually appear a month before the season it represents.
- Sales, Sales, Sales: During a season, several sales will occur to filter out that season stock for next seasons looks. Anything that is not sold will slowly make their way to the 50%, 75%, and clearance racks.
- Store Displays: Store displays are usually a season ahead. By October, most stores should have their christmas and winter displays ready to go. It seems odd considering Christmas is two months away. Today, people begin Christmas shopping early to beat the Christmas rush.
- Circulars: Local newspapers, e-mails, and promotional mail are usually used as a last resort to remove last seasons pieces from the floor and introduce this season hottest looks.
September is unique because it’s not summer and it’s not quite fall either. In fact autumn doesn’t start until september 21st. The month of september is usually used for Back to School sales. The Back to School wardrobe is a mixture of summer and fall clothing. September is the perfect time to do a few things.
- Purchase Clearance Summer Essentials: This is a good time to purchase the basics because most of them will be gone by October. The price maybe cheaper in October, but they’ll be less to choose from. Keep your eye out for shorts, tanks, dresses, basic tees, sandals, sunglasses, and handbags.
- Purchase Winter Essentials: Some winter pieces can be purchased in september. Since they are not in demand, their prices are marked down. For example, I was able to purchase a black form-fitting South Polejacket from Boscov’s for 75% off. When I bought it, it was hot and humid outside. Thinking ahead, I saved myself time and money.
- Take advantage of September Sales: If you see something you want on sale, it’s ok to go for it. You don’t have to wait until December to buy it. The month of September is full of all kind’s of sales. All you have to do is look at the display window and pay attention to your e-mails. If you are comfortable spending a particular amount of money on an item with its new sale price. Do it. If not, wait it out. Regardless, take advantage and seize your opportunities.
Overall, I hope you’ve enjoyed your summer. Take advantage of this warm weather while you can. Soon you’ll be able to enjoy fall foliage. Later, you’ll skate through a winter wonderland. For now, enjoy the sun!
Are these tips useful?
Do you have any suggestions?