I love coffee. Regardless of my lifestyle goals, I try to find a way to keep coffee in my life. Lately, I brew Dunkin’ Donuts with Stevia in the Raw and Lactaid 2% to taste. Although I am capable of drinking two to three 20 ounce cups a day, I was tired of pouring out forgotten coffee. Brewing the perfect amount of coffee was tedious because coffee pots measure by cup not ounce. My husband likes coffee, but he drinks less than me. Plus, we do not drink the same brand. We needed a coffee pot that brewed a pot of coffee and single serve. My husband and I decided to purchase the Hamilton Beach 49976 FlexBrew Black Hospitality Single-Serve and 12-cup Carafe Coffee Maker for several reasons.
- It was a Walmart Rollback product. The FlexBrew’s average retail price before taxes is $99. We bought ours for $86.
- It came with an 12-cup carafe. If we are entertaining, I do not have to take my 3 year old Hamilton Beach 12-cup Carafe Coffee Maker out of the pantry.
- FlexBrew is compatible with K-cups.
- I can brew coffee brands that do not sell K-cups.
- The Single Serve brew system has a regular and bold options. I prefer strong coffee.
- The single serve brew system is measured by ounces, which ensures I select the right coffee mug.
Bonus: The Hamilton Beach FlexBrew fits perfectly between my kitchen counter and cabinet. I do not have to slide the FlexBrew out to fill it with water. This was a common inconvenience for my Hamilton Beach 12- Cup Coffee Maker, because of its dimension. My first Hamilton Beach Coffee Maker was 15.51 inches (H) by 12.91 inches by 10.08 inches (D). My new pot is 14 inches (H) by 10.25 inches by 10.50 inches (D).
I only have one grievance with the FlexBrew. The max fill is 14-ounce. The true limit is 16-ounces. This is great for 16 ounce or smaller coffee mugs. My travel mugs are 20-ounce or more. If I do not brew a pot of coffee, I am short 4-ounces. Since I add milk and Stevia of the Raw, this deficit prevents over fill. There are other systems that fill past 16-ounces. Overall, I am happy with our purchase. We’ve used it daily for about four months.